Walkabout Cultural Adventures – Full Day Cultural Experience
Spend the day with a local Aboriginal tour guide learning about the amazing relationships the Kuku Yalanji still have with their land.
Aboriginal Cultural Tours visit the majestic Daintree Rainforest and coastal habitats learning about the cultural connection to the environment, different foods and medicines utilised from nature.
Sample some bush tucker, collect shellfish and try traditional Aboriginal hunting practices including having a go at spear throwing and if you are lucky, catching a mud crab.
Learn the history, culture and traditions of the local Aboriginal people and their affinity with their local environment.
To complete the adventure cool off in a pristine freshwater stream.
Smaller tour sizes guarantee more personalised tours.
Need To Know
- Booking enquiries need to be made at least two days before preferred tour date.
- Walkabout Cultural Adventures operates with a minimum of two passengers and a maximum of 11 passengers.
- Pick up from accommodation between 8am-9am.
- Drop off between 4.30pm-5.30pm.
- Pick up from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Cape Tribulation available at surcharge.
- Lunch provided. Please advise of any dietary requirements.
Walkabout Cultural Adventures is 100 per cent owned and operated.
Owner Juan Walker has been guiding in the region for 15 years and prides himself on providing top quality service.
The business provides unique tours on Kuku Yalanji country, with guides sharing their knowledge of Aboriginal culture, significant sites, environmental insights and local tourist attractions.
The educational Aboriginal cultural experience allows guests to participate in a truly unique adventure.
Juan’s ambition is to enable more Aboriginal guides to share their land and culture.