Tranquility on the Daintree – 5-Bedroom Rainforest Retreat
From $210 per night
Lush tropical rainforest, hidden waterfalls, rainforest streams, spectacular wildlife and the majestic Daintree River waiting to be discovered.
Daintree accommodation nestled in the upper reaches of the historic Daintree Valley under the watchful gaze of Thornton’s Peak, one of the highest mountains in Queensland, and just 10km from the quaint Daintree Village.
Set on a secluded 450 acre private property, Tranquility on the Daintree features exclusive self-contained accommodation that allows you to experience everything the Daintree has to offer.
Perfect for couples looking to escape, families or groups of up to ten looking for a private getaway, an accommodation experience or simply looking to find the real Daintree.
Take an afternoon stroll along the banks of the beautiful Daintree River for a spot of bird watching, fishing or simply wander up a rainforest stream and find your own piece of secluded paradise.
You can also access the largest set of privately owned waterfalls in the Upper Daintree valley, with the spectacular Niau Falls an easy 20-minute scenic stroll from your rainforest retreat.
Tranquility on the Daintree is just 50 minutes from Port Douglas, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, and approximately 90 minutes from the Cairns International Airport.
Tranquility on the Daintree is designed to suit life in the tropics with large open areas, high ceilings, fans and air-conditioners.
Built over 4 split levels, this captivating retreat boasts the following amenities for up to 10 people:
- Five bedrooms on 3 levels, all with private balconies and spectacular views, double robes, air-conditioning. King x 1, Queen x 2, 2 x 2 singles.
- Top Floor: Master bedroom, with king size bed (locally crafted from Black Wattle), walk in robe and vanity unit, private ensuite with bath, shower and toilet. Private balcony with outdoor furniture and sink.
- Middle Floor: Two single rooms with 2 single beds, one queen room, all with double robes, private balconies with outdoor furniture. All rooms are fully air-conditioned. There is also a bathroom located on the second floor with bath, shower and separate toilet.
- Bottom Floor: Master bedroom with private ensuite with bath, shower and toilet, and also featuring double robe, and private balcony with outdoor furniture..
- Spacious fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, full size fridge, microwave and walk in pantry.
- Elegant lounge setting for 10.
- Solid timber dining setting for 10.
- Entertainment area with full sized pool table.
- Ceiling fans throughout living areas.
- All windows and doors are fully insect screened.
- Large outdoor undercover balcony area with timber outdoor setting.
Need To Know
- Bookings required at least 7 days in advance.
- Check-in at 2.30pm. Check-out at 10.30am.
- 2-night minimum stay, except during the Christmas and Easter periods when there is a 5 night minimum stay.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Bring your groceries with you or put your order in with us and we’ll have what you want waiting in the fridge for you.
- Total privacy and exclusive use of the Daintree accommodation, the property and all facilities.
- Access to Niau Falls – 80-metre rainforest waterfalls nestled in the World’s oldest rainforest.
- Exclusive use of the Cascading falls, small tumbling falls with crystal clear rainforest swimming pool.
- Numerous scenic walks from a leisurely stroll to a hill climb for the more adventurous.
- Private helicopter pad.
- Cot & highchair available on request.
- Private chef by arrangement.
What To Bring
- Groceries (or we can arrange for you)
- Sense of adventure
Terms & Conditions
- Daintree accommodation bookings cancelled 28 days to 21 days prior to arrival will incur a cancellation fee equal to 30% of the total cost of the accommodation.
- Cancellations received less than 21 days prior to arrival will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- No refund can be given in the event of a non-arrival or for unused services.