Ocean Safari – Great Barrier Reef Tour
An exhilarating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation.
Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling on this half day eco tour visits two different destinations, each with an extraordinary array of marine life and coral species.
After a fast 25 minute ride, you are ready to snorkel two fabulous locations at Mackay and Undine Reefs.
On most days, the rainforest can be seen along the mainland beach whilst snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef alongside sea turtles, which are found in abundance swimming over reefs full of colourful coral, along with myriads of tropical fish, eagle rays, giant clams and starfish.
The tour begins at Cape Tribulation beach where you board the vessel bound for the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef.
The Ocean Safari vessel takes a maximum of 25 passengers allowing you to experience tropical paradise and the pleasure of a small group.
The vessel is based on the original design of a rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines.
The experienced Skipper and Eco Host ensure the trip is filled with fun and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef and the coastal rainforest of the Daintree, two world heritage areas side by side. Magical memories like these sometimes only happen once in a lifetime.
Need To Know
- Bookings required by 4pm the day prior to tour.
- Morning tour departs 8am returns 12.30pm.
- Afternoon tour (peak periods only) departs 12pm returns 4.30pm.
- Pick up from Cape Tribulation accommodation or Safari Hut on Cape Tribulation Rd.
- 2 hours exploring the underwater world and swimming with turtles
- All snorkelling equipment, personalised snorkel instruction, reef interpretation and eco presentations included.
What To Bring
- A bag including a towel and hat
- A jacket during winter to protect you from wind and for warmth after snorkelling
- Cameras in a waterproof case or Tupperware
- Cash for water, soft drinks, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board
- A sense of humour is always welcome
Terms & Conditions
- The Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling tour itinerary is a guideline only and is subject to change depending on tide, wind and other weather conditions.
- Cancellations up to 5pm the night before departure date receive 95% refund. Cancellations after 5pm night before departure date – no refund.