Daintree Boatman Nature Tours – Late Afternoon Cruise
Enjoy a two-hour sunset cruise to see birds, crocs and snakes up-close and personal.
Daintree River Tours are a stunning way to finish a day exploring the Daintree region.
Join a small-group wildlife cruise for close views of wildlife as well as ‘unique insight’ into the ecology of the Daintree River.
Cruises are limited to a maximum of 10 passengers allowing cruises to be tailored to achieve guest’s viewing and photographic aims.
Late afternoon cruises give an opportunity to see the river in stunning light, sometimes with the setting sun colouring the sky, often with a multitude of egrets flying home to roost for the night.
A small vessel is used allowing quiet exploration of smaller narrow tributaries which ensures close observation of wildlife.
Need to Know
- Daintree River tours depart the public boat ramp at Daintree Village, 45 mins drive from Port Douglas.
- Departure time varies through the year with sunrise and sunset times.
- Boat is open to enable clear view of wildlife. Boat has a collapsible roof for shelter when required.
- Cruises go rain or shine. In cases of heavy rain, alternate arrangements can be negotiated.
What To Bring
- Jacket for early mornings and a hat on sunny days.
- Camera and binoculars if you have them.
This cruise is owned and operated by me, Murray Hunt.
I am a professional experience wildlife guide and have worked at some of the great locations around Australia including Kakadu & Uluru.
I take delight in providing visitors with close views of wildlife as well as showing people the ecology of the Daintree River.